The warm fuzzies continue! Ayla, who is giving 007 a run for his money in the daredevil department, passed this award my way. You ladies are are so incredible, I'm embarrassingly touched by every comment and click... To the more seasoned bloggers, does receiving comments and awards grow old? I don't think they'd ever lose their ability to make me feel all glowy inside!

So here are 7 facts pertaining to moi... I hope you're not getting sick of me!

I also wanted to be either a princess or a tree when I grew up. This hasn't changed.
2. I have a gift for remembering useless facts, yet forgetting important information. For example, I remember my therapist's favorite animal and random stories from her childhood, but forget what floor her office is on. Every week.
3. In grade school my friend and I wrote a play called "Titanic 2." How exactly we came up with the sequel to a movie in which the subject sinks and basically everyone dies, I don't know. While discussing the project in a restaurant we were approached by the screenwriters of the real Titanic, who apparently had been in the booth behind us the entire time.

4. When I hear guys honk their horns and wolf whistle or see them eyeing me (Hard to believe, but it does happen. I guess they're really desperate!) I fantasize about gouging out their eyes a la King Lear and collecting them in a jar. Don't mess.
5. I have an odd fascination/fear of hourglasses. The Wicked Witch's red one in The Wizard of Oz terrified me as a child a billion times more than those flying monkeys.

6. I love laying at the bottom of the pool and watching light ripple through the water. And I like prisms. I guess I have a thing for light?
7. I used to cut Hebrew school to do my homework. Basically for the least badass reason ever. The only Hebrew I remember is ima (mother), aba (father), dag (fish) and Sheket B'vakasha! (shut up!)
It's always so hard for me to come up with facts about myself. You'd think I'd know this stuff better, considering I've been with myself for the past twenty years. I've been thinking a lot about self acceptance. My relationship with me is the longest one I'm going to have. No matter where I go I'll be there, so I might as well like the person I'm stuck with! I hope someday to not only accept, but love Rachael. And that starts with figuring out who she is.
My friends and I used to play the "Essence Game," telling each other if you were an animal, color, car, etc. what you would be. I found a list of some of the things they chose for me and thought it was pretty funny. In my quest to get in touch with Rachael, I'm going to post a couple for the next few days. Funny how I guilty like I should apologize for you guys "having" to read about me, when it's actually one of my favorite things to look at on your blogs. You are all so awesome and unique, I love getting to know you better!.. Plus I'm a fan of all things random. Speaking of random, today I saw Hank Azaria at the mall. His wife (?) was wearing Apple Bottom jeans. But anyways.
If I was _____ I'd be...
Animal- siamese cat
Color- sunburst orange
Plant- orchid in full bloom (They were specific!)
Underwear- Striped bikini briefs
Time of Day- coffee at dawn
Please feel free to answer for yourself! We can go on a journey of self discovery together.

Do I count as a "seasoned blogger"?! Nope, it doesn't get old, to me anyway! "Warm fuzzies" never do.
ReplyDeleteSheket B'vakasha translates literally to "quiet, please" -- too polite for "shut up"! Who misled you?! ;)
<3 <3
The most important words you learn in another language are the swear words. ;)
ReplyDelete"My relationship with me is the longest one I'm going to have. No matter where I go I'll be there..." I absolutely LOVE this. Because it is truer than true (if that is, in fact, possible).
Life is a journey, and the only constant is ourselves. We have us, wherever we go, so in a sense we are never actually "alone". But that doesn't mean ED has to come along for the ride, because ED is really just a figment of our imagination, if we wanna get all technical. EDs depend on US, they're leeches, sucking the life out of our body and the sanity out of our brain.
Learning about ourselves, and who we are, is the most important of things we will ever learn.
Oh, I LOVE this game!
If I were...
An animal: An Otter... Or elephant.
Colour: Burgandy or navy blue
Plant: Frangapani!
Underwear: Something black and ridiculously frilly ;)
Time of Day: The moment the sun rises in the morning.
I'm with you on your journey of self discovery!
LOVE,
Eleanor. xo
lovee reading more about you. & i agree disney totally gave me unrealistic expectations about EVERYTHING!
ReplyDeletewarm fuzzies will always be wonderful, they never ever get old :)
& i'm totally playing the game:
Animal- kitten
Color- grey ha
Plant- a very tall tree
Underwear- something lacy
Time of Day- relaxing before bed
i'm so with you on this journey of self discovery :)
ps--a bearcat is UC's mascot, they're small black felines with really sharp teeth, really random haha
happy tuesday love!
xoxo
hahaah hebrew school! i didnt know you were jewish :) i am too! and aww love disneyy
ReplyDeleteanimal- bird!!
color- pink
plant- flower <3
underwear- pink granny pantiess!! hahah
time of day- when i first wake up !
xoxoxo
shelley
Those were amazing random facts. If something makes me laugh then it's amazing. And they did. SO there you go.
ReplyDelete"Jack is back..." hahaha.. ahh. That was great.
I've never heard of this game.. but it sounds and looks fun so I'm going to do it!
Animal - wolf
Color - green
Plant - ............... uh..... spider plant
Underwear - ruffle covered pink g-string
Time of day - morning
Yup. I don't know. My brain died halfway through that game.. lol.
Rachael. Keep talking about yourself. Thumbs uuuuuup!
Loved reading your 7 facts! haha titanic 2... that made me giggle
ReplyDeletedon't apologize for anything, your list is definitely the most interesting one i've read so far! seriously! that is CRAZY about the titanic screenwriters, lol! and the princess hair, aww i always wanted forkable hair too when i was little. still do actually ;).
ReplyDeleteYour 7 facts are were so fun to read! I love the way you write because it's so personable. x) Maybe you should send your Titanic 2 script to some huge-ass director. You never know, a Titanic 2 may well be in the pipelines before you know it!
ReplyDeletexx
Lol girl your 7 randoms had me laughin'. I believe I have, at some point, also tried combing my hair with a fork... I think I remember it not working out so well.
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna play the game tooooo...
Animal - wolf
Color - red
Plant - a water lily
Underwear - something black and lacy
Time of day - sunrise
I laughed so hard at the princess picture, it's so true!
ReplyDeleteI do not know what goes on during my connection with your blog and my computer, I can read but not write, so I'm hoping, since for once I can write, this'll work.
Here's hoping,
it does this with a few blogs! :(
xxx
Gosh...I don't understand the game...too early in the morning for me I guess ;)
ReplyDeleteGreat list - I like #3. All around nice post.
Ahhh I love everything about this post. You make me smile :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute little survey...
animal- a tiger
color- turquoise
plant- a palm tree
underwear- frilly polka dot knickers
time of day- evening
I've only been blogging since June so I suppose I'm new-ish, but I don't think receiving kind words or recognition ever loses its magic. Your comment to me, for instance, was a prime example of warm fuzziness at its very best. It touched my heart, it truly did.
ReplyDeleteI think the essence game is a great exercise and it's interesting that the things/elements which you identified yourself with were all beautiful and vibrant, yet you were a little self-depricating earlier in the post when you said the guys whisting at you were 'desperate.' I am sure that's just your negative self-image coming through. The game forces an element of positivity in self-description, so I'm certainly going to give it a go (huge thanks for the inspiration to do so!)
If I was _____ I'd be...
Animal- gerbil
Color- midnight black
Plant- rose
Underwear- sports bra
Time of Day- early hours of the morning when most sane people are asleep ;)
Sick of you!? Not in this lifetime ;)
ReplyDeleteI love your list... you are way too cute :P I'm totally with you on remembering totally random stuff rather than what's important x) People say I am a scatterbrain... I call it 'selective retention'.
If I was _____ I'd be...
Animal- lion
Color- red
Plant- lily
Underwear- boy shorts
Time of Day- early morning
LOVE this girl!
ReplyDeleteanimal-tiger
color-yellow
plant-daisy
underware-boy shorts
time of day-waking up around 11 AM!
"sheket bvakasha" aaahhhaha
ReplyDeletefunny thing, i didn't just go to hebrew school, my entire elementary school WAS in hebrew. all that and years later all i remember is how to say "i don't understand" (ani lo mevina) and "can i/i need to go to the bathroom" (ani rotsa la lechet la beit shimush) hahahahahhaha. i think i also remember the alphabet, numbers, and names of animals. oh and that breast in yiddish is broist because everyone cracked up when the teacher said that. ;)
--janie